It’s one of the most common questions asked: “What are you doing?” And too often, we give boring, boilerplate answers like “Just hanging out” or “Nothing much.” But why settle for mundane when you can be witty, funny, or even sarcastic?
In this post, we’ll throw out tons of ways you can tackle this question, from funny to maybe even downright rude. These responses can also be used in response to “what are you up to?” or “whatcha doin’?” when you are watching television, looking at your phone, or otherwise doing something that shouldn’t require the question in the first place.
50 Funny Ways To Respond To WYD
I don’t know why people ask me that question. It’s not like they don’t know what I’m doing. They can see that I’m sitting in front of a laptop, obviously working on something. And yet, they still feel the need to ask. Well, I’ve had enough. from now on, when someone asks me what I’m doing, I’m going to give them a funny reply.
Here are some of the best replies I’ve come up with so far:
1. I’m trying to decide whether I want to be bored or annoyed today. So far, it’s a tough call.
3. Just living the dream! Making my parents proud! Or not…
5. Trying to will spring into existence by wearing flip-flops and shorts outside.
- Funny Ways To Say I Miss You
- Funny Ways To Save Money
- Funny Ways To Ask A Girl Out
- Funny Ways To Quit Your Job
7. Absorbing approximately 67% of my daily recommended intake of Netflix and memes.
8. Trying to see how long I can go without blinking. So far, so good!
9. I’m trying to teach my cat how to use the toilet, but she’s not a quick learner.
10. Just trying to make it through another day…with coffee, of course.
11. Counting my laundry to be done. One, two, three…nope, that’s it.
12. Trying to remember what I was doing before I got distracted by this piece of lint.
13. Trying to find my mobile. Have you seen it?
14. I’m trying to figure out what I want to be when I grow up. Any suggestions?
15. Trying to count all the stars in the sky. Good luck!
16. Just trying to stay positive and not let the haters get me down.
17. Trying to avoid all the drama. It’s exhausting!
18. I’m trying to remember what it was like before I had this phone addiction.
19. I’m trying to be more spontaneous, but so far all my efforts have been planned and meticulously executed.
20. Meditating! Just avoid me.
22. Figuring out why the weekend is so short. It’s just not fair!
23. Baking cake in my imagination.
24. I’m trying to learn as much as I can about everything. So far, I know a little bit about a lot of things.
26. Training my turtle for a race.
27. I am practicing being dead.
28. Maintaining social distancing from social media so don’t disturb me.
29. Shampooing the grass.
30. Teaching my fish how to swim.
31. Just finished a marathon…of my bed.
32. Searching for a needle in a haystack.
33. Trying to find out who let the dogs out.
34. Taking a pregnancy test. Wish me luck!
35. Just started my new diet…of air.
36. Trying to figure out what happens when an unstoppable force meets an immovable object.
37. Teaching my dog to speak English.
- Funny Ways To Announce Pregnancy
- Funny Ways To Say Happy Birthday
- Funny Ways To Say Goodbye
- Funny Ways To Die
- Funny Ways To Say Merry Christmas
39. Reasoning with my thoughts of coming out of bed.
40. Kicking boredom in the face!
41. Just enjoying the simple things in life… like breathing and blinking.
42. Trying to find the square root of pi.
43. Trying to come up with a new pick-up line. Any suggestions?
44. Making plans to cancel them.
46. Deciphering ancient scrolls to find the meaning of life.
47. Trying to find out how many licks it takes to get to the center of a Tootsie Pop.
48. Searching for a pot of gold at the end of the rainbow.
49. Catching ghosts in my house with my new Ghostbusters proton pack!
50. Changing the config settings for NASA satellites. Same old same old, you know how it is.
15 Flirty Ways To Respond To wyd
There’s no need to be too straightforward when responding to someone who texts you “wyd.” Instead, have some fun with it and keep them guessing! Here are a few flirty ways to respond:
1. Thinking about you. 😉
2. Just missing your face.
3. I’ll tell you when you come over. ;P
4. Picking our new dating spot. 😉
5. I need your help with something.
6. I’ll show you when we’re together. 😉
7. Trying to figure out what makes me fall for you.
9. Just trying to remember how you look naked. ;P
10. Anticipating our next kiss. 😉
11. Improving my kissing skills. 😉
12. Missing your touch. 😉
13. Counting down the minutes until I get to see you again
14. Getting ready for bed (wink wink)
15. I’m about to do something very scandalous. Care to join me?
10 Sarcastic Ways To Respond to WYD On Texts
WYD can be short for a lot of things. When it comes to texts, though, it usually stands for “What you doing?” And if you’re looking for a sarcastic response to this question, you’ve come to the right place. Here are a few examples:
1. Ignoring you. Why?
If someone texts you “what are you doing?” and you don’t really want to engage in small talk, you can reply with “ignoring you. why?” It’s a little sarcastic, but it gets the point across.
2. Leaving you on read. Why?
For starters, you could simply reply with “Leaving you on read. Why?” This is bound to throw them off and leave them feeling a bit embarrassed.
At the end of the day, it’s up to you how you want to deal with those pesky WYD texts. But whatever you do, don’t be afraid to be a little sarcastic. It’s sure to get the message across loud and clear.
3. Minding my business. Why don’t you try too?
4. Wondering why you are so annoying?
This response is sure to let the person know that you are not interested in engaging with them. Another option is to simply ignore the text altogether. This will likely frustrate the person even more, but it is a perfectly valid response.
But remember, there are many ways to do so, and the most important thing is that you stay true to yourself.
5. Finding ways to keep you away.
This response is sure to get a laugh out of the person, and it will let them know that you are not interested in engaging in small talk. If they continue to press you for information, you can simply respond with “I’m busy.”
This short and concise answer will let them know that you do not have time for their questions. If they continue to text, you can always ignore their messages or block their number. Either way, you will never have to deal with their irritating questions again.
6. Maintaining my distance from you.
This succinct reply gets the point across without being too rude. It’s also a great way to shut down any further conversation. If the person texting you is persistent, you can always follow up with a more pointed response, such as “I’m busy avoiding people like you.” Either way, you’re sure to get a rise out of the person on the other end of the line.
7. Just calculating the money you owe me.
If someone texts you “what you doing?” and you’re not in the mood to share, a great way to shut down the conversation is to reply with “Calculating the money you owe me.” This response is guaranteed to change the tone of the conversation, and it’s a great way to let the other person know that you’re not in the mood to talk.
8. Finding a good psychiatrist for you.
The phrase “what you doing” is commonly used as a text message abbreviation for “what are you doing.” However, the acronym “WYD” can also be used sarcastically to indicate that the person asking the question is nosy or intrusive.
In this context, a good reply might be “finding a good psychiatrist for you.” This response implies that the person asking the question is crazy for wanting to know what someone else is up to
9. Do you want a list?
Instead of just saying “nothing,” try replying with “Do you want a list?” It’s short, sweet, and to the point. Plus, it’s sure to get a laugh out of your friend or family member. If they’re persistent, you can always follow up with a real list of everything you’re doing (or not doing). But chances are, they’ll get the hint and leave you alone.
10. Enjoying my personal space.
If you’re someone who hates being bothered, or just enjoys having some alone time, then you’ll love this response. “Enjoying my personal space” is the perfect way to let someone know that you’re not interested in talking, without being too harsh. It’s also a great way to shut down a conversation that you don’t want to have.
- Funny Ways To Tell Your Husband You’re Pregnant
- Funny Ways To Come Out
- Funny Ways To Introduce Yourself
- Funny Ways To Start A Conversation
10 Cool Ways To Respond When A Child Asks What Are You Doing?
If you’re like most parents, you’ve probably been asked this question a million times: “What are you doing?” It’s a perfectly innocent question, of course, but it can also be frustrating when you’re in the middle of something and don’t really want to stop and explain what you’re doing.
So what’s the best way to respond? Here are a few cool ways to answer the question without completely derailing your day:
1. Figuring out how to impress an intelligent kid like you.
2. Just trying to stay busy so I don’t get bored.
3. I’m thinking about all the things I need to do today.
4. Hoping that by the end of the day I can say I accomplished something.
5. Remembering what it was like to be a kid and have lots of energy.
6. Wishing I could go back to those carefree days.
7. Wondering how time flies by so quickly.
8. Realizing that I’m getting older and need to make the most of each day.
9. Hoping that today is a good day for all of us.
Funny Ways To Respond To WYD Tiktok
Hey, it’s the 21st century! Who says you can’t have a little fun with your phone? If you’re tired of the same old ways to respond to “What are you doing?” on TikTok, mix it up with one of these funny responses:
- “Just trying to get that WYD TikTok money!”
- “I’m trying to be TikTok famous!”
- “Making sure my phone is properly sanitized!”
- “Trying to avoid eye contact with people I don’t know!”
- “Just scrolling through my feed and avoiding all human interaction!”
Funny Ways To Respond To WYD By Bentillect
The Best Reply With Some Editing
There you have it! Some funny ways to respond to WYD that are sure to get a laugh. Whether you use one of these responses or come up with your own, just remember to keep it light and fun. After all, that’s what WYD is all about.
- Funny Ways To Make Money
- Funny Ways To End A Letter
- Funny Ways To Say Good Luck
- Funny Ways To Give Money
- Funny Ways To Say Happy Anniversary
- Funny Ways To Say Happy Father’s Day
Samra has completed her master’s in literature & loves to write about topics that piques her interests. Here, she is working on exploring that importance of things that matters to her.