When you tell people you’re engaged, you usually get the same response: congratulations! But sometimes, you might want to mix things up and add a little humor to the announcement. Here are a few funny ways to say you’re engaged:
- “We’re getting hitched!”
- “We’re tying the knot!”
- “We’re getting married!”
With these engagement announcement ideas, you’re sure to get a laugh – and maybe even a congratulatory hug or two. So go ahead and let your family and friends know that you’re taking the plunge – in the funniest way possible.
11 Funny Ways To Say You Are Engaged
1. “I’m taken!”
“I’m Taken!” is a term used to describe the state of being engaged. It usually refers to the feeling of butterflies in your stomach when you finally realize that you’ve found the one. It can also refer to the sense of relief and contentment that comes with knowing you don’t have to keep dating around.
“I’m Taken!” is a beautiful thing. It’s the moment when you know you’ve found your match, and you can’t imagine your life without them. So, if you’re feeling “I’m Taken!” congratulations! You’re on your way to a lifetime of happiness.
- Funny Ways To Say I Miss You
- Funny Ways To Save Money
- Funny Ways To Ask A Girl Out
- Funny Ways To Quit Your Job
2. “Off the market!”
“Off the market!” is a term that is often used when someone is engaged. It basically means that the person is no longer available for dating or marriage. The term can be used in a light-hearted way, or it can be used more seriously to let people know that the person is spoken for.
Either way, it’s generally considered to be a good thing to be “off the market.” It means that you’ve found someone special and that you’re committed to them. So, if you’re ever in a relationship and someone asks if you’re “off the market,” you can take it as a compliment!
3. “No longer available!”
“No longer available!” is a term that is often used when someone is no longer interested in something or no longer has the ability to do something. For example, if someone is no longer interested in dating, they might say that they are “no longer available.”
The term can also be used sarcastically to describe someone who is no longer available to others, such as when a person is in a relationship or when they are busy with work or school. In any case, the term “no longer available!” is a way of saying that someone is no longer interested or able to do something.
4. “Spoken for!”
“Spoken for!” is an expression often used to describe someone who is engaged. The term usually refers to the fact that the person is no longer available to date, as they have already committed themselves to another person.
In some cases, it may also be used to describe someone who is in a relationship but not yet married. “Spoken for!” can also be used as a way to let others know that you are not interested in dating or relationships. If you are looking for a serious commitment, then this phrase is a good way to let others know that you are off the market.
5. “Tying the knot!”
“Tying the knot” is an old saying that refers to getting married. When a couple gets engaged, they are literally “tying the knot” by exchange rings and making a commitment to each other.
Of course, nowadays couples don’t actually tie any knots during their engagement ceremony. But the phrase is still used to describe the act of getting engaged. So, if you’re wondering what it means to “tie the knot,” there you have it!
6. “Jumping the broom!”
“Jumping the broom!” is an old tradition that has been around for centuries. It’s said that when a couple jumps over a broomstick, they are symbolically jumping into married life.
Today, many couples still choose to jump the broom on their wedding day as a way to honor this tradition. If you’re feeling extra adventurous, you can even try to jump the broom while you’re engaged! Just be sure to land safely on the other side.
Eloping has been a popular choice for couples who want to get married quickly and without all the fuss. In most cases, eloping simply means getting married without telling anyone, often in secret. This can be a great way to avoid all the drama and expense of a traditional wedding.
However, it’s important to make sure that you’re actually eligible to elope. In many countries, you need to give notice of your intention to marry, and there may be other requirements as well.
But if you’re planning on eloping, all you really need is a valid marriage license and someone willing to officiate. So if you’re looking for a simple and stress-free way to tie the knot, eloping might be the perfect option for you.
8. “He/she put a ring on it!”
“He put a ring on it” is a phrase often used to describe an engagement. It usually happens when a man proposes to a woman and she accepts. The phrase can be seen as a celebration of the commitment that the couple has made to each other.
It can also be seen as a way of showing off the engagement ring, which is often a symbol of love and affection. Whatever the interpretation, “he put a ring on it” is a phrase that is often used to describe an engagement.
9. “Wearing the symbol of our love!”
Being engaged is a wonderful feeling! You get to wear the symbol of your love for all to see, and it’s a great conversation starter. “How did you meet?” “How long have you been together?” “When’s the big day?”
All valid questions that you will happily answer over and over again. But the best part of being engaged is knowing that you’ve found the person you want to spend the rest of your life with. So go out there and enjoy wearing that ring – it’s a sign of great things to come!
- Funny Ways To Announce Pregnancy
- Funny Ways To Say Happy Birthday
- Funny Ways To Say Goodbye
- Funny Ways To Die
- Funny Ways To Say Merry Christmas
10. “We’re getting hitched!”
“Hitched” is another word for “married.” So when you say that you’re “getting hitched,” you’re saying that you’re getting married. This phrase is often used to describe an engagement, as it’s a time when couples are making all the preparations for their big day.
It can also be used as a way of announcing your engagement to others. So if you want to let everyone know that you’re getting married, this is the perfect phrase to use.
11. “There are two less fish in the sea now.”
This is a light-hearted way of saying that you are now off the market and unavailable for dating. It’s a fun way to let others know that you are in a committed relationship and not looking for anyone else. And it’s also a reminder that there are plenty of other fish in the sea, so they shouldn’t feel too bad that you’re taken.
20 Funny Ways To Announce Engagement On Social Media
As anyone who has been through the process of planning a wedding knows, there are a million different ways to announce your engagement on social media.
If you’re looking for some inspiration, here are a few ideas:
- Post a photo of the two of you with your hands in the “peace sign” position, with your engagement rings prominently displayed. Caption it with something like “Peace out, single life!”
- Take a photo of yourselves holding up a sign that says “Just engaged!” Bonus points if you can make it look like you’re holding the sign in front of some iconic landmark.
- If you’re feeling extra creative, create a mock movie poster featuring the two of you as the stars of your own romantic comedy, with a clever play on words for the title (think: “He Put A Ring On It”).
- Write a clever caption that hints at your big news. For example, “Something’s brewing…” or “We have a feeling this is going to be a very happy new year!”
- Make a video announcement. This is a great way to show off your personality and sense of humor. You could lip-sync to an Engagement-themed song, or act out a skit announcing your news.
- If you’re both avid gamers, take a screenshot from your favorite game with an engagement-themed message superimposed over it. For example, in “Minecraft,” you could change the text that appears when you hit someone with an arrow to say “Just engaged!”
- Get creative with props! Take a photo of the two of you holding up a “Just Engaged!” sign, with a bouquet of flowers or a bottle of champagne in the background.
- If you’re both foodies, take a photo of your engagement rings resting on top of a slice of cake or a plate of cookies, with a clever caption like “I said yes to wedding cake!”
- If you’re both coffee lovers, take a photo of your engagement rings next to a cup of coffee, with a caption like “Wake up and smell the engagement!”
- For a fun twist on the traditional engagement announcement photo, take a selfie of the two of you with your engagement rings prominently displayed… but make sure your faces are hidden! This is a great way to add a bit of mystery and intrigue to your announcement.
- Have some fun with puns! For example, you could take a photo of your engagement rings next to a sign that says “Love is brewing,” or “We’re tie-ing the knot!”
- Get personal with your announcement by sharing a photo of the moment he proposed, along with a heartfelt caption about how much you love each other.
- If you’re both music lovers, take a photo of your engagement rings next to a record player, with a caption like “Spinning our way into wedded bliss!”
- For a creative take on the classic “ring selfie,” try taking a photo of your engagement rings with a cute animal in the background (a puppy, kitten, or even a baby!).
- If you’re both travel enthusiasts, take a photo of your engagement rings in front of an iconic landmark or in front of a beautiful sunset. Caption it with something like “Engaged and adventures!”
- Share a photo of your engagement rings along with a bottle of champagne, and caption it with something like “Celebrating our engagement with bubbles!”
- If you’re both bookworms, take a photo of your engagement rings next to your favorite books, with a caption like “Getting engaged was the best plot twist ever!”
- For a fun play on words, take a photo of your engagement rings in front of a “Do not disturb” sign, with a caption like “We’re officially off the market!”
- If you want to keep your announcement short and sweet, simply take a photo of your engagement rings with a caption like “The best yes!” or “So in love!”
- And finally, one of the simplest but most effective ways to announce your engagement is to simply take a photo of the two of you looking happy and in love, with your engagement rings prominently displayed. No need for any words… your happiness will speak for itself!
- Funny Ways To Say Bro
- Funny Ways To Wrap A Gift
- Funny Ways To Break Up With Someone
- Funny Ways To Respond To WYD
Fun Ways To Announce Engagement To Family And Friends
“We’re engaged!” It’s a phrase that is said with so much love and happiness behind it. But how do you say it in a way that is special and unique to you as a couple? Here are ten fun ways to announce your engagement to family and friends!
1. Send out invitations to a “special announcement party.”
2. Put a sign in your yard that says “We’re engaged!”
3. Make T-shirts that say “We’re engaged!” and wear them around town.
4. Put an announcement in the newspaper.
5. Send out engagement announcements via email or social media.
6. Make a big sign and hold it up at a sporting event or concert.
7. Give each of your parents a copy of your engagement announcement.
- Funny Ways To Tell Your Husband You’re Pregnant
- Funny Ways To Come Out
- Funny Ways To Introduce Yourself
- Funny Ways To Start A Conversation
8. Put an announcement on your car’s windshield.
9. Leave a note for your significant other that says “We’re engaged!” along with some flowers or chocolates.
10. Have a friend or family member announce your engagement for you.
- Funny Ways To Make Money
- Funny Ways To End A Letter
- Funny Ways To Say Good Luck
- Funny Ways To Give Money
- Funny Ways To Say Happy Anniversary
- Funny Ways To Say Happy Father’s Day
Samra has completed her master’s in literature & loves to write about topics that piques her interests. Here, she is working on exploring that importance of things that matters to her.