Are your phone ringing and you don’t know who it is? There are a few things you can do to figure out who is calling without answering. You can check the caller ID, see if it’s an unknown number, or just let it go to voicemail. But sometimes, you may not want to wait to find out who is calling. Here are some funny ways to answer an unknown call.
15 Funny Ways To Answer Unknown Calls
We’ve all been there- you see an unknown number pop up on your phone and you have to decide whether or not to answer. If you’re feeling brave, or just want a good laugh, here are a few funny ways to answer unknown calls:
1. Pick up the phone and start reciting the alphabet.
It’s happened to all of us. You’re minding your own business when the phone rings, and you have no idea who the caller is looking for. So what do you do? The easiest thing to do is to pick up the phone and start reciting the alphabet.
If the caller is looking for a specific person, they’ll likely interrupt you to let you know. And if not, well, at least you tried. So next time you’re not sure who the caller is looking for, don’t be afraid to give the alphabet a try. It just might help you find the right person.
2. If you’re in a public place, pretend to have a conversation with whomever you’re with.
The next time you’re in a crowded place and your phone starts to ring, don’t reach for it right away. Instead, pretend that you’re already on a call. Have a short conversation with the person next to you, saying something like “Yeah, I’m just at the grocery store” or “I’ll be home in half an hour.”
The caller will quickly realize that you’re not actually available and will hang up. This simple trick can help to avoid awkward situations and unwanted conversations. And who knows, you might even make a new friend in the process.
3. Say ‘Hello?’ in a deep, booming voice.
There’s nothing worse than answering a call from an unknown number, only to be met with silence on the other end. But you can turn the tables on them by using one of these funny ways to answer the unknown call.
First, try saying ‘Hello?’ in a deep, booming voice. This will usually surprise the caller and cause them to hang up quickly. Alternatively, you could try pretending to be a man if you’re a woman (or vice versa).
This will usually throw the caller off balance and give you a chance to get a few words in edgewise. So next time you get an unknown call, don’t be afraid to have some fun with it.
4. Try speaking in gibberish or another language.
If you’ve ever gotten a call from an unknown number, you know how frustrating it can be. By speaking in gibberish or another language, you can often get the caller to hang up pretty quickly.
Of course, there’s always a chance that they’ll just keep trying, but it’s worth a shot. And even if they do stay on the line, at least you’ll have had a good laugh in the process.
5. Tell them you’re not interested and hang up.
If all else fails, you can always try telling the caller that you’re not interested and hanging up. This will usually result in them ringing off, but there’s always a chance that they’ll keep trying. If that’s the case, just keep repeating yourself until they give up.
And remember, the best way to avoid unwanted calls is to screen your calls. That way, you’ll never have to worry about what to say when an unknown number pops up on your caller ID.
6. Give them a fake name and number.
This one is sure to confuse the caller, and it might even give you a good laugh in the process. When they ask for your name, just give them a fake one. And when they ask for your number, give them a fake one too.
Then, sit back and listen as they try to figure out what’s going on. Of course, there’s always a chance that they’ll catch on and call you out on it. But it’s worth a shot, and it might just be the thing that gets them to hang up.
7. Be overly friendly and ask too many personal questions.
There’s nothing quite like throwing a caller off balance by being overly friendly and asking too many personal questions. When they ask how you are, be sure to return the favor and ask how they are too.
Then, keep the conversation going by asking personal questions. The more personal, the better. And if they start to get uncomfortable, just keep going. Eventually, they’ll either hang up or tell you to stop.
Either way, you’ll have had a good laugh at their expense. So next time someone calls and asks how you are, be sure to give them a piece of your mind – and have a good time doing it!
8. Act as you know them and start rambling.
If you’re looking for a surefire way to get rid of telemarketers, then you should definitely try this method the next time you call. Simply act as if you know them and start rambling. The more random and incoherent your ramblings, the better.
This will usually result in the caller hanging up pretty quickly. But even if they don’t, you’ll at least have had a good laugh in the process. So go ahead and give it a try the next time you get a telemarketing call. You might just be surprised at how well it works.
9. Tell them you can’t talk right now and ask them to call back later.
If you don’t want to talk to someone, the best thing to do is just tell them you can’t talk right now and ask them to call back later. This way, you can end the conversation before it even starts.
The caller will usually get the hint and move on to someone else. But even if they do call back later, at least you’ll have bought yourself some time. So don’t be afraid to just say what you need to and hang up.
10. Start shouting for no reason.
Next time you get an unknown call, don’t panic. There are a few things you can do to get rid of the caller without being too rude. You could start shouting for no reason. This is sure to surprise the caller and cause them to hang up quickly.
Alternatively, you could try pretending to be a man if you’re a woman (or vice versa). This will usually throw the caller off balance and give you a chance to get a few words in edgewise.
Funny Things To Say To Unknown Caller
If you’ve ever been the victim of a telemarketer, you know how frustrating it can be to have your evening meal interrupted by a sales pitch. However, there are ways to handle the situation that can turn the tables and give you the upper hand.
Here are a few funny lines to say to unknown callers that will help you take control of the conversation and maybe even have a little fun in the process.
1. “Sorry, I can’t talk right now. I’m in the middle of a very important nap.”
2. “Hello? Is this pizza?”
3. “I’m sorry, who is this and what do you want?”
4. “This is the wrong number. You’ve reached the fortune teller’s hotline.”
5. “Can I call you back? I’m in the middle of a shampoo commercial.”
6. “I’m sorry, I can’t hear you over the sound of my awesomeness.”
7. “This is the operator. I’m sorry, all our circuits are busy right now. Please hang up and try your call again later.”
8. “I’m sorry, this number is no longer in service. Please hang up and try your call again.”
9. “I’m sorry, the person you are trying to reach is unavailable. Please leave a message after the tone.”
10. “Hi, this is Jim. I’m sorry I can’t answer the phone right now. I’m either out saving the world or too busy being awesome. Please leave a message and I’ll get back to you as soon as possible.”
11. “Hi, this is Dave. I can’t come to the phone right now because I’m doing something much more important than talking to you. Please leave a message and I’ll get back to you as soon as possible.”
12. “Are you pizza delivery if not then I have no interest in talking to you.”
13. “This number is no longer in service for you. Please don’t call again.”
14. “I’m sorry, who is this? I don’t think we have anything to talk about.”
15. “This is the emergency room. Please hang up and dial 911.”
16. “This is ______ Hotel reception. How may I help you?”
17. “Hello, you’ve reached the voicemail of (insert name here). I can’t come to the phone right now, so please leave a message and I’ll get back to you as soon as possible.”
18. “Sorry, I’m busy fighting crime. Or taking a nap. Probably both. Leave a message and I’ll get back to you later.”
19. “I’m sorry, I can’t answer the phone right now. I’m in the middle of a very important . . . thing. Yeah, that’s it. Please leave a message and I’ll get back to you as soon as possible.”
20. “Hello? Oh, sorry, I thought you were someone else. Please disregard this message.”
21. “Can I know your name for my record to show my doubting wife whom I talked with.”
22. “This is a wrong number but stays on the line and I’ll connect you to the lottery hotline.”
23. “I’m sorry, I can’t talk to you right now. I’m trying to quit smoking and if I talk to you, I’ll just end up relapsing. Please leave a message and I’ll get back to you as soon as possible.”
24. “Hello? Oh, sorry, I thought you were my therapist. Please disregard this message.”
25. “I’m sorry, I can’t talk to you right now. I’m in the middle of a very important book and if I talk to you, I’ll just lose my place. Please leave a message and I’ll get back to you as soon as possible.”
What is the code for unknown call?
There are a few different ways to make private calls, but one of the simplest is to dial *67 before the number you want to reach. When you do this, the words “Private,” “Anonymous,” or some other indicator will appear on the recipient’s phone instead of your mobile number.
The caller ID blocking will last for that one call only, so you’ll need to dial *67 each time you want your number to remain hidden. This method works for both landlines and cell phones, though it’s worth noting that some phone companies may charge an additional fee for using this service.
Whether you’re trying to avoid telemarketers or just keep your number a bit more under wraps, dialing *67 before a call is a quick and easy way to make sure your identity stays confidential.
What is good phone etiquette?
There are a few things to keep in mind when it comes to good phone etiquette.
- Always answer the phone politely and with a smile. Even if you don’t know the person on the other end, being friendly will go a long way.
- Avoid talking on the phone in loud or public places. Not only is it inconsiderate to those around you, but it can also be disruptive and make it difficult to hear the person on the other end.
- Try to keep your conversations short and to the point. People are usually busy and don’t have time for small talk.
- Avoid using your phone in places where it is not appropriate, such as during meetings or in the middle of a conversation.
Good phone etiquette is important in order to maintain positive relationships with others and to be considerate of those around you.
Unknown callers can be a nuisance, but there are ways to deal with them in a funny and polite way. By using some of the tips above, you can turn an unwanted call into a hilarious conversation. Just remember to stay calm and be creative!
Samra has completed her master’s in literature & loves to write about topics that piques her interests. Here, she is working on exploring that importance of things that matters to her.