Sometimes your best friends are like brothers and sometimes your brothers become your best friends. They are always there for you, whether you need a shoulder to cry on or someone to help you move a piece of furniture. And, of course, they are always up for a game of catch or a snowball fight.
But sometimes, it can be hard to think of the perfect nickname for him. After all, calling him simply “brother” can get pretty boring. Fortunately, we’ve compiled funny ways to say bro that perfectly capture all that they mean to us.
Whether your brother is your strength or your weakness, your guide or your protector, there’s sure to be a perfect nickname on this list for him. So keep scrolling and find the perfect name for your beloved brother.
Here are some funny ways to say bro that will make everyone around you laugh. Let’s get started!
100 Funny Ways To Say Bro To Your Brother And Friend
Dude, dude, dude… or is it fella, bub, or chap? Hey there big guy, what’s the haps? Howdy partner! Whatever you call him, your bro is always down for a good time. Here are some other hilarious ways to say “bro” next time you’re hanging out with your buddies:
1. “Brother from another mother.” This is a phrase used for best friends.
2. “Brah.” Hawaii’s way to say bro.
3. “Baby Brother.” If your brother is younger than you by a few years.
4. “My boy.” A more affectionate way to say bro.
5. “Dude.” This a classic and always appropriate way to address your bro.
6. “Homeboy.” Another way to say, dude or friend.
7. “Partner in crime.” This is for the brother you do everything with!
8. “Wingman.” Your bro is always there to help you out, especially with the ladies.
9. “Amigo.” A Spanish way to say friend that can be used for bros too!
9. “Buddy.” A great way to say friend that is perfect for bros.
- Funny Ways To Say I Miss You
- Funny Ways To Save Money
- Funny Ways To Ask A Girl Out
- Funny Ways To Quit Your Job
10. “Co-mate.” This is for the brother you live with or are close to.
11. “Companion.” A more formal way to say friend or buddy.
12 “Comrade.” This is a great way to say friend or buddy, and it sounds very tough too!
13 “Crony.” This is a great way to say friend, and it has a bit of an old-timey feel to it.
14 “Mate.” This is a very popular Australian way to call your brother.
15. “Pal.” For a brother who is your best friend.
16. “Tarzan.” If your brother is a bit of a wild man, this is the nickname for him!
17. “Sidekick.” This is for the brother who is always by your side.
18. “Homey.” This is for the brother who feels like family.
19. “Compatriot.” This is for the brother you share everything with.
20. “BFF.” This is for the brother who is your best friend forever.
21. “My dude.” For the brother who is always there for you.
22. “My man.” The brother who is always there for you.
23. “Crybaby.” In case your brother cries, whines, or complains a lot.
24. “Menace.” For a chaotic brother or someone who always disturbs everyone.
25. “My main squeeze.” For the brother who is your best friend and more.
26. “Dependencies.” If you can’t live without him, he’s one of your dependencies.
27. “My love.” For the brother, you are extremely close to.
28. “Number one guy.” He’s the most important guy in your life.
29. “My other half.” You share everything with him, so he’s like your other half.
30. “Cat.” If your brother is lazy and always sleepy.
31. “Slim Jim.” In case he is your cool and stylish buddy
32. “Ninja.” For a super fit or athletic brother
33. “Chico.” A Spanish nickname for a boy or young man.
34. “Gordo.” A Spanish nickname for a chubby guy.
35. “Pibe.” A Spanish nickname for a boy or young man.
36. “Jefe.” A Spanish nickname for the boss or leader.
37. “Guey.” A Mexican nickname for a boy or young man.
38. “Rambo.” For someone who fights a lot
39. “Cuddles.” When you always want to hug your brother
40. “Shrimp.” Ideal for a short person
41. “Jellybean.” For a cute companion
42. “Morpheus.” Suitable for an elder brother or a wise one
43. “Elf.” For your reliable little brother
- Funny Ways To Tell Your Husband You’re Pregnant
- Funny Ways To Come Out
- Funny Ways To Introduce Yourself
- Funny Ways To Start A Conversation
44. “Gandalf.” For the wisest brother
45. “T-Rex.” When your brother is a bit of a bully
46. “Butterfly.” For a delicate and sensitive brother
47. “Beanpole.” When your brother is really tall
48. “Bulldog.” When your brother is really tough
49. “Cheetah.” If he’s the fastest person you know
50. “Cupcake.” If he’s really sweet and adorable.
51. “Big Daddy.” If he’s the head of the family or the oldest brother.
52. “Chief.” If he’s the head of the family or the oldest brother.
53. “Einstein.” For a really smart brother.
54. “Funny Bones.” For a brother who is always making you laugh.
55. “Grizzly.” For a really hairy brother.
56. “Hulk.” For a really strong brother.
57. “He who must not be named.” If he’s really mischievous and gets into a lot of trouble.
58. “Dawg.” For a brother who is really cool.
59. “Papi.” A Spanish nickname for “daddy.”
60. “Pop.” A nickname for “daddy.”
61. “Baboon.” For an obnoxious brother.
62. “Gramps.” For an older brother.
63. “Hippo.” For a really big and strong brother.
64. “Baba.” For a wise and knowledgeable brother.
65. “Snitch.” When he always reveals your secrets.
66. “Geyser.” When he’s always erupting with anger.
67. “Kraken.” When he’s really destructive and always causing mayhem.
68. “Lad.” When you want to sound like an English man.
69. “Bloke.” Another English word for “guy.”
70. “Gentleman.” When he’s always behaving like a perfect gentleman.
71. “Dapper Dan.” When he’s always dressed to the nines.
72. “Tanner.” When he’s always getting sunburned or tanning.
73. “Romeo.” When he’s always falling in love or chasing after girls.
74. “Caveman.” When he’s really primitive and always making crude jokes.
75. “Hatchling.” When he’s really young or immature.
76. “Fledgling.” When he’s still learning and growing.
77. “Chicken.” When he’s really chicken and always scared.
- Funny Ways To Announce Pregnancy
- Funny Ways To Say Happy Birthday
- Funny Ways To Say Goodbye
- Funny Ways To Die
- Funny Ways To Say Merry Christmas
78. “Pancake.” When he’s really flat or has no muscles.
79. “Snugglebug.” If he’s always cuddling or trying to snuggle.
80. “Sugarbear.” If he’s really sweet and always there for you.
81. “Bambino.” If he’s really small or young.
82. “Teddybear.” You saw him and wants to cuddle him.
83. “Wuvverduck.” When you love him no matter what.
84. “Yankee Doodle Dandy.” If he was born in America or is really patriotic.
85. “God’s Gift to Women.” If he’s really good-looking and all the girls love him.
86. “Yogi Bear.” If he’s really into yoga or is always doing some sort of meditation.
88. “Grendel.” If he’s always causing trouble or is really mean.
89. “Dracula.” If he’s really into horror movies or always dressing up in costumes.
90. “Magneto.” If he’s always attracting girls or is really good-looking.
91. “Cupid.” When he’s always in love or making people fall in love with him.
92. “Broheim.” A close friend that you consider family.
93. “My main man.” A more affectionate way of saying bro.
94. “Ebony and Ivory.” For the brother who is your complete opposite!
95. “Jeeves.” If he’s always offering to help or do something for you.
96. “Batman.” For the brother who is always there to save the day.
97. “Mario.” For a cartoon-like brother who jumps around the house.
98. “Dumpling.” When your brother is soft-natured.
99. “Cosmo.” Ideal for someone who likes space stories.
100. “Biscuit.” For an easy-going brother.
20 Brother In Different Languages
In English, we might say “my brother” or “my sibling.” But there are so many different ways to say “brother” in other languages. Here are some examples:
- In Spanish, hermano (ehr-mah-noh)
- In French, frère (freh-ruh)
- In German, Bruder (broo-der)
- In Italian, fratello (frah-teh-loh)
- In Portuguese, irmão (eeer-maung)
- In Japanese, ani (ah-nee)
- In Mandarin Chinese, dìdi (dee-dee)
- In Swahili, kaka (kah-kah)
- In Hindi, bhai (by-hy)
- In Arabic, ikhwan (eekh-wahn)
- In Korean, hyeong (hyung)
- In Russian, brat (brah-t)
- In Greek, adelfoi (ah-thehl-foy)
- In Hebrew, ach (akh)
- In Tagalog, kuya (koo-yah)
- In Thai, phii (fee)
- In Vietnamese, anh trai (ahn zhy)
- In Dutch, broer (brurr)
- In Lithuanian, brolis (broh-lis)
- In Afrikaans, broer (brrr-uh)
- Funny Ways To Make Money
- Funny Ways To End A Letter
- Funny Ways To Say Good Luck
- Funny Ways To Give Money
- Funny Ways To Say Happy Anniversary
- Funny Ways To Say Happy Father’s Day
When to say your brother “Amigo”?
When you are feeling friendly towards your brother and want to show him some affection, you might say “Amigo.” This term is used to describe a close friend, so by calling your brother an “amigo,” you are indicating that you see him in this positive light.
When to say your brother “Lad”?
You can say your brother “Lad” when you are both feeling playful and friendly with each other. It is generally used as a term of endearment between brothers and is not meant to be offensive in any way.
If you are ever unsure about whether or not it is appropriate to use this term, simply ask your brother if he is okay with it first.
Is it okay to say your brother “Gramps”?
Most people would say that it is perfectly fine to call your brother “Gramps” as a nickname. It is a term of endearment that shows you care about him and appreciate him.
If your brother does not like the nickname, then you should stop using it. Ultimately, what matters most is how he feels about the nickname, not what other people think.
What if you want to say your brother “Buddy”?
You can call your brother “Buddy” if you want to show him that you consider him a close friend. This term is generally used between friends who are on good terms with each other.
If you are unsure about whether or not it is appropriate to use this term, you can always ask your brother first.
There are many ways to say “bro” to your brother or friend, and it all depends on the context and situation. Whether you want to be affectionate, respectful, or just funny, there’s a way to say it. So next time you need to refer to your bro, try one of these different terms.
- Funny Ways To Say Have a Good Day
- Funny Ways To Say Drunk
- Funny Ways To Answer The Phone
- Funny Ways To Say I Love You
- Funny Ways To Say Goodnight
- Funny Ways To Answer Spam Calls
Samra has completed her master’s in literature & loves to write about topics that piques her interests. Here, she is working on exploring that importance of things that matters to her.